In this Post, You know about Article 133 Of Indian Constitution In English. If you do not know about what is Article 133, then this post you will give you complete information about that Indian Constitution Article.
Articles are given in our Indian Constitution, in which one mark has been given to each provision where article 133 has also been told in the india constitution. Every person of India must have know about the Indian Constitution Articles.
Article 133 Of Indian Constitution In English
Article 133 – Appellate jurisdiction of Supreme Court in appeals from High Courts in regard to civil matters.
(1) An appeal shall lie to the Supreme Court from any judgment, decree or final order in a civil proceeding of a High Court in the territory of India if the High Court certifies under Article 134A.
(a) that the case involves a substantial question of law of general importance; and
(b) that in the opinion of the High Court the said question needs to be decided by the Supreme Court.
(2) Notwithstanding anything in Article 132, any party appealing to the Supreme Court under clause ( 1 ) may urge as one of the grounds in such appeal that a substantial question of law as to the interpretation of this Constitution has been wrongly decided.
(3) Notwithstanding anything in this article, no appeal shall, unless Parliament by law otherwise provides, lie to the Supreme Court from the judgment, decree or final order of one Judge of a High Court.
Article 133 In English
133 Article – Appellate jurisdiction of the Supreme Court in appeals from the High Courts in respect of civil matters.
(1) An appeal may lie to the Supreme Court against any judgment, decree or final order in a civil proceeding of a High Court in the territory of India, if the High Court certifies under article 134A.
(a) that the case involves a substantial question of law of general importance; And
(b) that in the opinion of the High Court the said question should be decided by the Supreme Court.
(2) Notwithstanding anything contained in article 132, any party appealing to the Supreme Court under clause (1) may, in such appeal as a ground, insist that the interpretation of this Constitution An important question of law has been wrongly decided in the
(3) Notwithstanding anything contained in this article, no appeal shall lie to the Supreme Court, unless Parliament by law otherwise provides, against a decision, decree or final order of a Judge of a High Court.
Note- All the things mentioned in this have been taken from the Indian Constitution itself. That is, it is the word of the constitution.
What Is Article 133 Of Indian Constitution?
Article 133 Debate Summary
The draft Article 110 (Article 132, Constitution of India, 1950) was debated on 3 June 1949, 6 June 1949 and 16 October 1949. It granted appellate jurisdiction to the Supreme Court on civil matters relating to important questions of law. A member moved an amendment in clause 1 (a) to insert ‘amount to be determined by Parliament by law’.
He argued that the economic jurisdiction of the Supreme Court should not be rigid and limited to 20,000 – a future parliament should have the option of increasing it at an appropriate time. The draft Article provided for a general right to appeal to the Supreme Court in civil matters. Subject to this right of qualification it was proposed to allow Parliament.
The member argued that the scope of this power would significantly increase the workload of the Supreme Court. Parliament should have the power to regulate the civil jurisdiction of the Court through future legislations. A member of the drafting committee supported the amendment. According to the draft article, he believed that, if the terms of the appeal were to be clarified, it would be through a constitutional amendment.
This would be undesirable – ‘it should be an elastic provision’. However, the chairman of the drafting committee was not in favor of the proposal. He believed that this would dilute the power of the Supreme Court and enable Parliament to enact stricter laws, eliminating all civil appellate powers. Another member lamented the specificity of the provision.
He said the Constitution should not be burdened with ‘technical’ – the Parliament of the future should be tasked with explaining and qualifying the jurisdiction of the Supreme Court. The House accepted some of the amendments introduced by the Drafting Committee – others were rejected. The draft article was adopted on 6 June 1949. The draft article was reopened on 16 October 1949 and the drafting committee introduced some amendments to simplify the provision.
Must Know Article
|Article 131 In English|
|Article 132 In English|
|Article 123 In English|
|Article 124 In English|
|Article 125 In English|
|Article 126 In English|
|Article 127 In English|
|Article 128 In English|
|Article 129 In English|
|Article 130 In English|
How did you like the information about this What Is Article 133 Of Indian Constitution In English, do tell by commenting below. Rest I have told about Article 133 In English like What Is Article 133? If you have any question related to this Article in Indian Constitution.
Then you can ask by commenting below, do share the post with your friends or anyone to provide them genuine information related to Constitution Of India.