In this Post, You know about Article 169 Of Indian Constitution In English. If you do not know about what is Article 169, then this post you will give you complete information about that Indian Constitution Article.
Articles are given in our Indian Constitution, in which one mark has been given to each provision where article 169 has also been told in the india constitution. Every person of India must have know about the Indian Constitution Articles.
Article 169 Of Indian Constitution In English
Article 169 – Abolition or creation of Legislative Councils in States.
(1) Notwithstanding anything in Article 168, Parliament may by law provide for the abolition of the Legislative Council of a State having such a Council or for the creation of such a Council in a State having no such Council, if the Legislative Assembly of the State passes a resolution to that effect by a majority of the total membership of the Assembly and by a majority of not less than two thirds of the members of the Assembly present and voting.
(2) Any law referred to in clause ( 1 ) shall contain such provisions for the amendment of this Constitution as may be necessary to give effect to the provisions of the law and may also contain such supplemental, incidental and consequential provisions as Parliament may deem necessary.
(3) No such law as aforesaid shall be deemed to be an amendment of this Constitution for the purposes of Article 368.
Article 169 In English
169 Article – Abolition or creation of Legislative Councils in the States.
(1) Notwithstanding anything contained in article 168, Parliament may by law provide for the abolition of the Legislative Council of a State having such Council or for the creation of such Council in a State having such Council, if the legislation of that State The Assembly passes a resolution to this effect by a majority of the total membership of the State Legislative Assembly and by a majority of not less than two-thirds of the members present and voting in the Assembly.
(2) Any law referred to in clause (1) shall contain such provisions for the amendment of this Constitution as may be necessary to give effect to the provisions of the law and shall also include such supplementary, incidental and consequential provisions as may be necessary. Understand Parliament. essential.
(3) No such law aforesaid shall be deemed to be an amendment of this Constitution for the purposes of article 368.
Note- All the things mentioned in this have been taken from the Indian Constitution itself. That is, it is the word of the constitution.
What Is Article 169 Of Indian Constitution?
Article 169 Debate Summary
This provision allowed state legislatures to create or abolish a second house. The Chairman argued that this draft article was necessary to allow states to make changes relating to a second house without meeting the tough criteria of a constitutional amendment. A member introduced an amendment that would require a notice period of 14 days to discuss a bill relating to the creation or abolition of the second house.
This was supported by a member, who argued that there was a precedent for such a requirement involving the discussion of very important matters, citing the draft article (Article 61), which laid down the procedure for the impeachment of the President. Another member wanted to amend the draft article so that a second house could not be created in the state which had decided against it during the constitution making process.
He said that the states had already given consent on this matter. It received the support of at least one other member of the Legislative Assembly, who believed that only vested interests would pursue the creation of a second house in the state, which had already rejected it. All proposed amendments were rejected. The draft Article 148A was adopted on 30 July 1949.
Must Know Article
|Article 161 In English|
|Article 162 In English|
|Article 163 In English|
|Article 164 In English|
|Article 165 In English|
|Article 166 In English|
|Article 167 In English|
|Article 168 In English|
|Article 159 In English|
|Article 160 In English|
How did you like the information about this What Is Article 169 Of Indian Constitution In English, do tell by commenting below. Rest I have told about Article 169 In English like What Is Article 169. If you have any question related to this Article in Indian Constitution.
Then you can ask by commenting below, do share the post with your friends or anyone to provide them genuine information related to Constitution Of India.