In this Post, You know about Article 273 Of Indian Constitution In English. If you do not know about what is Article 273, then this post you will give you complete information about that Indian Constitution Article.
Articles are given in our Indian Constitution, in which one mark has been given to each provision where article 273 has also been told in the India constitution. Every person of India must have know about the Indian Constitution Articles.
Article 273 Of Indian Constitution In English
Article 273 – Grants in lieu of export duty on jute and jute products.
(1) There shall be charged on the Consolidated Fund of India in each year as grants in aid of the revenues of the State of Assam, Bihar, Orissa and West Bengal, in lieu of assignment of any share of the net proceeds in each year of export duty on jute and jute products to those States, such sums as may be prescribed.
(2) The sums so prescribed shall continue to be charged on the Consolidated Fund of India so long as any export duty on jute or jute products continues to be levied by the Government of India or until the expiration of ten years from the commencement of this Constitution, whichever is earlier.
(3) In this article, the expression prescribed has the same meaning as in Article 270.
Article 273 In English
273 Article – Grant in lieu of export duty on jute and jute products.
(1) In lieu of the assignment of any part of the net income in each year, the revenue of the States of Assam, Bihar, Orissa and West Bengal shall be charged every year to the Consolidated Fund of India as grants-in-aid. Export duty on jute and jute products to such States as may be prescribed.
(2) The sums so determined shall continue to be charged to the Consolidated Fund of India so long as any export duty on jute or jute products continues to be levied by the Government of India or for a period of ten years from its commencement. Constitution, whichever is earlier.
(3) In this article, the expression prescribed shall have the meaning assigned to it in article 270.
Note- All the things mentioned in this have been taken from the Indian Constitution itself. That is, it is the word of the constitution.
What Is Article 273 Of Indian Constitution?
Article 273 Debate Summary
On 8 August 1949, the draft Article 254 (Article 273, Constitution of India 1950) was discussed in the Constituent Assembly. The draft article provides that a part of the export duty levied by the central government on jute and jute-products shall be allocated to the states in which the jute was grown. The percentage and manner of allocation of export duty to the states were to be determined by Parliament through legislation.
The Chairman of the Drafting Committee proposed an amendment to change the draft article to provide that instead of giving a fixed percentage each year from the Consolidated Fund of India to Bengal, Bihar, Assam and Orissa, a fixed amount as aid. The amount will be withdrawn. Export duty on jute and jute products.
The President will decide the amount to be charged on the Consolidated Fund of India and the assistance will be given to these states for a maximum period of 10 years. The chairman of the drafting committee proposed the amendment as he believed that the export duty was a part of the central government’s revenue.
He acknowledged that some revenue was given to some state governments under the Government of India Act, 1935 as jute was an important commodity in these areas. However, he said the continuation of such an exception would prompt other states to demand similar arrangements for other important commodities and these demands would be detrimental to the interests of the central government.
Instead of abruptly closing this exception, which would affect specific states, he proposed a gradual reduction in allocation of central revenue to these state governments. A member argued that the proposed amendment to the draft article should also include export duty on tea as tea is an important commodity in Assam.
Some members opposed the amendment on the ground that it disproportionately affected the interests of states like Bengal. A member said the 10-year limit was arbitrary and that the draft would affect the financial commitments made by some states on the basis of revenue to be received under Article 254. One member proposed that states should be given more freedom in tax assessment. structures.
After heated debate, the assembly accepted the proposed amendment. Another member proposed a minor amendment to the amendment proposed by the Chairman of the Drafting Committee – to give Parliament the power to decide the amount to be allocated to certain states instead of the President. This amendment was rejected. The draft article, as amended, was adopted on 8 August 1949.
Must Know Article
|Article 271 In English|
|Article 272 In English|
|Article 263 In English|
|Article 264 In English|
|Article 265 In English|
|Article 266 In English|
|Article 267 In English|
|Article 268 In English|
|Article 269 In English|
|Article 270 In English|
How did you like the information about this What Is Article 273 Of Indian Constitution In English, do tell by commenting below. Rest I have told about Article 273 In English like What Is Article 273. If you have any question related to this Article in Indian Constitution.
Then you can ask by commenting below, do share the post with your friends or anyone to provide them genuine information related to Constitution Of India.