In this Post, You know about Article 280 Of Indian Constitution In English. If you do not know about what is Article 280, then this post you will give you complete information about that Indian Constitution Article.
Articles are given in our Indian Constitution, in which one mark has been given to each provision where article 280 has also been told in the India constitution. Every person of India must have know about the Indian Constitution Articles.
Article 280 Of Indian Constitution In English
Article 280 – Finance Commission.
(1) The President shall, within two years from the commencement of this Constitution and thereafter at the expiration of every fifth year or at such earlier time as the President considers necessary, by order constitute a Finance Commission which shall consist of a Chairman and four other members to be appointed by the President.
(2) It shall be the duty of the Commission to make recommendations to the President as to.
(a) the distribution between the Union and the States of the net proceeds of taxes which are to be, or may be, divided between them under this Chapter and the allocation between the States of the respective shares of such proceeds;
(b) the principles which should govern the grants in aid of the revenues of the States out of the Consolidated Fund of India;
(c) any other matter referred to the Commission by the President in the interests of sound finance.
(4) The Commission shall determine their procedure and shall have such powers in the performance of their functions as Parliament may by law confer on them.
Article 280 In English
280 Article – Finance Commission.
(1) The President shall, within two years from the commencement of this Constitution and thereafter at the end of every fifth year or at such earlier time as the President may consider necessary, by order, constitute a Finance Commission consisting of a Chairman and four appointed by the President. other members to be made.
(2) It shall be the duty of the Commission to make recommendations in this regard to the President.
(a) the distribution between the Union and the States of the net income of the taxes which are to be divided between them under this Chapter, or the allocation between the States of the respective shares of such income;
(b) the principles which govern grants to aid the revenues of the States from the Consolidated Fund of India;
(c) any other matter referred to the Commission by the President in the interest of sound finance.
(4) The Commission shall determine their procedure and shall have such powers in the performance of their functions as may be conferred upon them by Parliament by law.
Note- All the things mentioned in this have been taken from the Indian Constitution itself. That is, it is the word of the constitution.
What Is Article 280 Of Indian Constitution?
Article 280 Debate Summary
Draft Article 260 (Article 280, Constitution of India 1950) was discussed on 9 August 1949 and 10 August 1949. It empowered the President to constitute a Finance Commission consisting of a Chairman every 5 years, for 5 years after the commencement of the Constitution. and 4 other members. Parliament will determine the qualifications and procedures of the members of the Commission. The duties of the Finance Commission were also laid down in the draft Article 260.
The chairman of the drafting committee proposed to amend the draft article to say that the President would be empowered to constitute the Finance Commission after 2 years from the coming into force of the Constitution, instead of 5 years. He also made a minor amendment to change the word ‘Revenue of India’ to ‘Consolidated Fund of India’.
Most of the members were in support of these amendments. The assembly adopted these amendments. Another member introduced a separate amendment to restrict the powers of the Finance Commission to change the fixed percentage of distribution of revenue between the Union and the States. Furthermore, he did not want the Finance Commission to determine what percentage of excise duty should be allocated to states, citing the example of the Australian Finance Commission.
One member opposed this amendment on the ground that the Finance Commission would make recommendations only to the President and these recommendations were not binding on the President of India. The Chairman of the Drafting Committee also replied saying that there has been no change in the discretion of the President. This draft article and recommendations can substantiate the President’s decision when states question the allocation. The assembly rejected this amendment, limiting the powers of the Finance Commission.
The draft article, as amended, was adopted on 10 August 1949. In 1992, Article 280 was amended to expand the duties of the Finance Commission – to make recommendations to the President on raising funds in the Consolidated Fund of a State to supplement the resources. of Panchayats and Municipalities in the State on the basis of recommendations made by the Finance Commission of the State.
Must Know Article
|Article 271 In English|
|Article 272 In English|
|Article 273 In English|
|Article 274 In English|
|Article 275 In English|
|Article 276 In English|
|Article 277 In English|
|Article 278 In English|
|Article 279 In English|
|Article 270 In English|
How did you like the information about this What Is Article 280 Of Indian Constitution In English, do tell by commenting below. Rest I have told about Article 280 In English like What Is Article 280. If you have any question related to this Article in Indian Constitution.
Then you can ask by commenting below, do share the post with your friends or anyone to provide them genuine information related to Constitution Of India.