In this Post, You know about Article 297 Of Indian Constitution In English. If you do not know about what is Article 297, then this post you will give you complete information about that Indian Constitution Article.
Articles are given in our Indian Constitution, in which one mark has been given to each provision where article 297 has also been told in the India constitution. Every person of India must have know about the Indian Constitution Articles.
Article 297 Of Indian Constitution In English
Article 297 – Things of value within territorial waters or continental shelf and resources of the exclusive economic zone to vest in the Union.
(1) All lands, minerals and other things of value underlying the ocean within the territorial waters, or the continental shelf, or the exclusive economic zone, of India shall vest in the Union and be held for the purposes of the Union.
(2) All other resources of the exclusive economic zone of India shall also vest in the Union and be held for the purposes of the Union.
(3) The limits of the territorial waters, the continental shelf, the exclusive economic zone, and other maritime zones, of India shall be such as may be specified, from time to time, by or under any law made by Parliament.
Article 297 In English
297 Article – Things of value within territorial waters or resources of the continental shelf and exclusive economic zone to vest in the Union.
(1) All lands, minerals and other things of value under the sea within the territorial waters of India, or the continental shelf, or exclusive economic zone, shall vest in the Union and shall be maintained for the purposes of the Union.
(2) All other resources of the exclusive economic zone of India shall also vest in the Union and shall be kept for the purposes of the Union.
(3) The boundaries of the territorial waters, continental shelf, exclusive economic zone and other maritime areas of India shall be such as may be specified by or under any law made by Parliament from time to time.
Note- All the things mentioned in this have been taken from the Indian Constitution itself. That is, it is the word of the constitution.
What Is Article 297 Of Indian Constitution?
Article 297 Debate Summary
The draft Article 271A (Article 297, Constitution of India 1950) was not a part of the draft Constitution 1948. It was introduced by the Chairman of the Drafting Committee on 15 June 1949. Draft Article 271A states that all minerals and other resources within the sea. The territorial waters of India will be in the possession of the Union. The Chairman of the Drafting Committee introduced this draft article to clarify that such resources exclusively belong to the Union – not the States.
One member was concerned that the phrase ‘other things of value’ in the draft paragraph was ambiguous and wanted a clear definition. He also pointed out that the Constitution has not defined ‘Indian territorial waters’. The Speaker responded by saying that the meaning of the term ‘territorial waters’ shall be provided by the principles of international law. Another member questioned whether fisheries would also be under the control of the Sangh. The chairman of the drafting committee replied saying that fisheries would continue to be a state subject. After the debate, the assembly adopted the draft Article 271A on the same day.
Article 297 was amended in 1976 to state that resources in the continental shelf and exclusive economic zones would also be in the possession of the Union. Further, it was also declared that the boundary of territorial waters, continental shelf, exclusive economic zone and other maritime areas of India shall be defined by laws made by Parliament.
Must Know Article
|Article 291 In English|
|Article 292 In English|
|Article 293 In English|
|Article 294 In English|
|Article 295 In English|
|Article 296 In English|
|Article 287 In English|
|Article 288 In English|
|Article 289 In English|
|Article 290 In English|
How did you like the information about this What Is Article 297 Of Indian Constitution In English, do tell by commenting below. Rest I have told about Article 297 In English like What Is Article 297. If you have any question related to this Article in Indian Constitution.
Then you can ask by commenting below, do share the post with your friends or anyone to provide them genuine information related to Constitution Of India.