In this Post, You know about Article 340 Of Indian Constitution In English. If you do not know about what is Article 340, then this post you will give you complete information about that Indian Constitution Article.
Articles are given in our Indian Constitution, in which one mark has been given to each provision where article 340 has also been told in the India constitution. Every person of India must have know about the Indian Constitution Articles.
Article 340 Of Indian Constitution In English
Article 340 – Appointment of a Commission to investigate the conditions of backward classes.
(1) The President may by order appoint a Commission consisting of such persons as he thinks fit to investigate the conditions of socially and educationally backward classes within the territory of India and the difficulties under which they labour and to make recommendations as to the steps that should be taken by the Union or any State to remove such difficulties and to improve their condition and as to the grants that should be made for the purpose by the Union or any State the conditions subject to which such grants should be made, and the order appointing such Commission shall define the procedure to be followed by the Commission.
(2) A Commission so appointed shall investigate the matters referred to them and present to the President a report setting out the facts as found by them and making such recommendations as they think proper.
(3) The President shall cause a copy of the report so presented together with a memorandum explaining the action taken thereon to be laid before each House of Parliament.
Article 340 In English
340 Article – Appointment of a commission to inquire into the condition of backward classes.
(1) The President may appoint a commission to inquire into the conditions of socially and educationally backward classes within the territory of India and the difficulties under which they work, and to make recommendations as to the steps to be taken. in which such persons shall be included. be taken by the Union or any State for the removal and improvement of such difficulties and the conditions subject to which such grants should be made by the Union or any State as a grant for the purpose, And the order of appointment of such Commission shall define the procedure to be followed by the Commission.
(2) The Commission so appointed shall inquire into the matters referred to him and submit a report to the President setting out the facts found by him and making such recommendations as it may deem fit.
(3) The President shall cause a copy of the report so presented together with a memorandum to be laid before each House of Parliament explaining the action taken thereon.
Note- All the things mentioned in this have been taken from the Indian Constitution itself. That is, it is the word of the constitution.
What Is Article 340 Of Indian Constitution?
Article 340 Debate Summary
The draft Article 301 (Article 340) was debated in the Constituent Assembly on 16 June 1949. It empowered the President to appoint a commission to inquire into the conditions of the backward classes.
A member proposed an amendment to act on Parliament instead of the President. This received some support from another member, who argued that it was the duty of Parliament to ‘consider the ways and means of removing the backwardness of the people’.
One member expressed concern that the term ‘Backward Classes’ was not clearly defined. He suggested that the commission should determine the communities covered under this period. Further, proposed that the draft Article should not be limited to only those communities which enjoy constitutional reservation.
Except for a minor amendment proposed by the chairman of the drafting committee, all the amendments were rejected. The amended draft article was adopted by the House on 16 June 1949.
Must Know Article
|Article 331 In English|
|Article 332 In English|
|Article 333 In English|
|Article 334 In English|
|Article 335 In English|
|Article 336 In English|
|Article 337 In English|
|Article 338 In English|
|Article 339 In English|
|Article 330 In English|
How did you like the information about this What Is Article 340 Of Indian Constitution In English, do tell by commenting below. Rest I have told about Article 340 In English like What Is Article 340. If you have any question related to this Article in Indian Constitution.
Then you can ask by commenting below, do share the post with your friends or anyone to provide them genuine information related to Constitution Of India.