In this Post, You know about Article 65 Of Indian Constitution In English. If you do not know about what is Article 65, then this post you will give you complete information about that Indian Constitution Article.
Articles are given in our Indian Constitution, in which one mark has been given to each provision where article 65 has also been told in the india constitution. Every person of India must have know about the Indian Constitution Articles.
Article 65 Of Indian Constitution In English
Article 65 – The Vice President to act as President or to discharge his functions during casual vacancies in the office, or during the absence, of President.
(1) In the event of the occurrence of any vacancy in the office of the President by reason of his death, resignation or removal, or otherwise, the Vice President shall act as President until the date on which a new President elected in accordance with the provisions of this Chapter to fill such vacancy enters upon his office.
(2) When the President is unable to discharge his functions owing to absence, illness or any other cause, the Vice President shall discharge his functions until the date on which the President resumes his duties.
(3) The Vice President shall, during, and in respect of, the period while he is so acting as, or discharging the functions of, President, have all the powers and immunities of the President and be entitled to such emoluments, allowances and privileges as may be determined by Parliament by law and, until provision in that behalf is so made, such emoluments, allowances and privileges as are specified in the Second Schedule.
Article 65 In English
65 Article – The Vice-President to act as President or to discharge his functions during casual vacancies in office or during the President’s absence.
(1) In the event of any vacancy in the office of the President by reason of his death, resignation or removal from office or for any other reason, the Vice-President shall act as President until the date on which a new President is elected. The provisions of this Chapter enter into his office to fill such vacancy.
(2) When the President is unable to discharge his functions due to absence, illness or any other cause, the Vice-President shall discharge his functions until the date on which the President resumes his duties.
(3) The Vice-President shall, during and in relation to the period for which he is acting as, or discharging the functions of, President, have all the powers and immunities of the President and such emoluments, allowances and Privileges as may be prescribed by Parliament by law and, unless provision is made in this behalf, such emoluments, allowances and privileges as are specified in the Second Schedule.
Note- All the things mentioned in this have been taken from the Indian Constitution itself. That is, it is the word of the constitution.
What Is Article 65 Of Indian Constitution?
Article 65 Debate Summary
The draft article was debated on 28 December 1948. In the case of a vacancy in the office of the President, this article gave the Vice President the powers and obligations of the President till the vacancy is filled. The Chairman of the Drafting Committee introduced an amendment to ensure that the Vice-President was entitled to ‘privileges, emoluments and allowances’ as decided by Parliament after assuming the office of the President.
One member argued that the benefits accruing to the Vice President assuming the office of the President should be the same as that of the President. There was no need to discriminate against the provisional president. The Speaker’s amendment proposed to include ‘duties and liabilities’. It was argued that, while the amendment took care of the benefits of a provisional President, it did not cover the ‘duties and obligations’ of the President. This would make it difficult to impeach a provisional president if he violated the Constitution.
The chairman of the drafting committee responded to these concerns. Firstly, he said that Parliament should be given the privilege of deciding respectable benefits as it was a temporary position for a short period of time. He clarified that if there is no separate provision covering the benefits of a provisional President, he would be entitled to the benefits of the President.
Second, he insisted that the provisional president would have the same responsibilities as the president. The impeachment provisions of the President will also apply to the provisional President. It was unnecessary and unnecessary to write it in the constitution. The assembly adopted the draft article with amendments to the drafting committee.
Must Know Article
|Article 61 In English|
|Article 62 In English|
|Article 63 In English|
|Article 64 In English|
|Article 55 In English|
|Article 56 In English|
|Article 57 In English|
|Article 58 In English|
|Article 59 In English|
|Article 60 In English|
How did you like the information about this What Is Article 65 Of Indian Constitution In English, do tell by commenting below. Rest I have told about Article 65 In English like What Is Article 65? If you have any question related to this Article in Indian Constitution.
Then you can ask by commenting below, do share the post with your friends or anyone to provide them genuine information related to Constitution Of India.