In this Post, You know about Article 224 Of Indian Constitution In English. If you do not know about what is Article 224, then this post you will give you complete information about that Indian Constitution Article.
Articles are given in our Indian Constitution, in which one mark has been given to each provision where article 224 has also been told in the India constitution. Every person of India must have know about the Indian Constitution Articles.
Article 224 Of Indian Constitution In English
Article 224 – Appointment of additional and acting Judges.
(1) If by reason of any temporary increase in the business of High Court or by reason of arrears of work therein, it appears to the President that the number of the Judges of that Court should be for the time being increased, the President may appoint duly qualified persons to be additional Judges of the Court for such period not exceeding two years as he may specific.
(2) When any Judge of a High Court other than the Chief Justice is by reason of absence or for any other reason unable to perform the duties of his office or is appointed to act temporarily as Chief Justice, the President may appoint a duly qualified person to act as a Judge of that Court until the permanent Judge has resumed his duties.
(3) No person appointed as an additional or acting Judge of a High Court shall hold office after attaining the age of sixty two years.
Article 224 In English
224 Article – Appointment of additional and acting judges.
(1) If by reason of any temporary increase in the business of the High Court or by reason of arrears of work therein, it appears to the President that the number of the Judges of that Court should be increased forthwith, the President may, for a period not exceeding two years. shall appoint persons duly qualified as Additional Judges of the Court for such period as he may specify.
(2) When a Judge of a High Court other than the Chief Justice is by reason of absence or for any other reason unable to perform the duties of his office or is temporarily appointed to act as Chief Justice, So the President may appoint a duly qualified person to act as a Judge of that Court until the Permanent Judge has resumed his duties.
(3) No person appointed as an additional or acting Judge of the High Court shall hold office after he has attained the age of sixty-two years.
Note- All the things mentioned in this have been taken from the Indian Constitution itself. That is, it is the word of the constitution.
What Is Article 224 Of Indian Constitution?
Article 224 Debate Summary
Draft Article 200 (Article 224) was debated on 7 June 1949. There was a provision for the appointment of additional and acting judges in the High Courts. A member proposed to amend the draft article so that the Chief Justice of a High Court has to obtain the President’s assent for the appointment of additional and acting judges.
He argued that recalling a retired judge to the Bench was tantamount to a fresh appointment; Since the President was the appointing authority for the judiciary, no judge should be recalled to the bench without his consent. In response, one member argued that the Chief Justice would be more familiar with the capabilities of retired judges and that there was no reason to involve the President in the day-to-day administration of the Court.
This amendment was adopted. The chairman of the drafting committee proposed a minor amendment to the language of the draft article. This too was adopted by the Assembly with little debate.
Must Know Article
|Article 221 In English|
|Article 222 In English|
|Article 223 In English|
|Article 214 In English|
|Article 215 In English|
|Article 216 In English|
|Article 217 In English|
|Article 218 In English|
|Article 219 In English|
|Article 220 In English|
How did you like the information about this What Is Article 224 Of Indian Constitution In English, do tell by commenting below. Rest I have told about Article 224 In English like What Is Article 224. If you have any question related to this Article in Indian Constitution.
Then you can ask by commenting below, do share the post with your friends or anyone to provide them genuine information related to Constitution Of India.